14 Dec Moving beyond a Quarter of a Century
As this year comes to a close, we take this time to reflect on the ending of one era and the beginning of another.
Here are some highlights of 2017:
- Worked with 1,289 clients for homebuying counseling
- Recruited 8 new businesses to the Main Street community
- Facilitated 3 commercial facade improvements
- Coordinated 15 block beautification projects
- Held 12 community events and activities
- Administered 7 capital improvement project
- Guided 3 neighborhood investment tours
- Secured 6 new funding sources
- Hosted the 8th Annual FINE Women Financial Literacy Conference
For a quarter of a century, our organization has provided services to thousands of families both inside and outside of Belair-Edison. Through education, training, and advocacy, we’ve encouraged homeownership and new business start-ups to stabilize Belair-Edison and create a thriving community. When some companies pushed, “We Buy Houses”, stripping millions of dollars of wealth from hard-working families who were facing foreclosure, we claimed, “We Don’t Buy Houses, We Help You Keep Yours!” And, we did just that! We have organized community-wide festivals and events that brought families together and showcased all the beauty that this community has to offer.
Moreover, the designation of Belair-Edison as a Healthy Neighborhood and Main Street community is confirmation of BENI’s ability to implement programs that are essential to the community and Baltimore City. BENI has exhibited success as confirmed by the millions of dollars in residential and commercial investment over time, a resilient real estate market, and a growing number of engaged residents in the community.
Your support will make a difference. Please consider gifting a donation to help our organization continue to benefit the lives of many. Your contribution will help us to continue to provide education and training for free. There is no gift too big or small. Thank you!